dbi question

Leon Brocard acme at astray.com
Sun May 13 07:59:20 CDT 2001

Stray Toaster sent the following bits through the ether:

> I have a module doing things. Diary entry sort of things, but that is
> irrelevant. Inside the module I get my own database handle, like so:
> I have get/create methods, for entering data and retrieving it.
> Obviously enough. But the thing is, how do I do the disconnect?

Righto: you don't need to do the disconnect. Things will just work.

An optimisation you might want to look into is using
connect_cached(..)  instead of just connect(), if you do multiple
database calls a session.  [or you could make $dbh an instance or
class variable...]

HTH, Leon
--
Leon Brocard.............................http://www.astray.com/
Iterative Software...........http://www.iterative-software.com/

... Every time I've built character, I've regretted it