call to arms!

Stray Toaster mwk at stray-toaster.co.uk
Tue May 8 05:02:10 CDT 2001

Russell Matbouli wrote:

> Hello,
> Do we have any sort of plan for this meeting? It would be nice to know what
> it it will be about so I can do a little homework beforehand (and not look
> so clueless).
>
> Thanks,
> Russell

I like this, as it means that I didn't look clueless!

Russell, and everyone, this isn't *really* meant to be school. Sure, we learn
from it, but I would hate to think that people have to revise before turning
up. There is no such thing as a stupid question etcetc. (Erm, don't finish
that phrase. Leave it like that.)

Not everyone that goes to the meeting is a perlmonk, tho to be fair there are
a few. (And no, I am not in that list!)

But if you do want some revision, there will be a test on chapters 11-13 of
the 3rd edition of the camel. ;-)

I hate to sound trite, but if there is something you don't get, stop the talk
and ask! Or nudge me and I will interrupt Mike. A quote from one of my former
lives:

'there is nothing a physicist likes better than a lecture on something he
understands.'

Paraphrase at will!

m.