next meeting

Stray Toaster mwk at stray-toaster.co.uk
Sat Jun 9 16:33:41 CDT 2001

Andrew wrote: (and I thought I would share)

> > OK, so I wouldn't mind *someone* giving a brief talk on the perl
> > debugger, and how to use it, trace thru, stepping, what goes into what
> > register, how we can see this, what all the silly switches mean, just
> > how to make it work for me in everyday coding!!
>
> I've used the debugger once or twice, I'm not sure about giving a
> tutorial on it though, maybe if nobody else volunteers then i'll do
> it.  It would be better if someone else who REALLY knows what they're
> doing with it gave the talk though (I might learn stuff as well then
> :-).

that sounds like a volunteering to me!!!! And it really doesn't have to be a
full blown tutorial, just a 'here it is, this is what it can do, this is as
much as I know, thank you and goodnight'. Which was why I suggested a few
different talks.

> <gloat>Middle of June is bad for me, I'll be in Montreal at YAPC</gloat>

*acts like he doesn't care*

> If it strays too much into the middle of July, we'll feel obliged to
> come round and kick your arse for organising a meeting in the middle
> of the silly season.

d'oh!! I forgot where I lived for a minute there, thanks! Scratch that idea
then. Tis looking more like the end of June/start of July then.

m.

--
perl -le 'local $variable for local $people'