Template Toolkit and databases

Stray Toaster mwk at stray-toaster.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 12:14:39 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 06:03:07PM +0100, Andrew McFarland wrote:
> I'm about to build a database to work in conjunction with Template Toolkit
> to output a set of static HTML pages. All the pages will have a standard
> header, some content, and then a standard footer.
>
> I'm unsure of the best way of putting the content into the database. At the
> moment it could conceivably be any HTML that can legally go in the body of
> an HTML 4.01 strict document. Should I just put all the content - tags and
> all - into one field in the database?
>
> I want to have the content completely separate from the layout, but I also
> want to be as flexible and as future proof as possible. Any thoughts anyone?
>
> Andrew

Ah, but here is where I put in my love of the CGI object.....

Go on, use the CGI object. It rules. I wouldn't put the content into
the database....

I am tired, else I would speak more on it.....and might later on!

m.

> --
> AA McFarland http://www.mcfarland.co.uk/andrew/
> The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want
> Psalm 23:1

What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?
Matthew 26:16