What are we going to do with the website?

Andrew Wilson andrew-perlmongers at rivendale.net
Mon Jul 2 09:00:20 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 11:55:57AM +0100, Steve Rushe wrote:
> lo again
>
> So what will we do with the website? It looks fairly tatty at the mo, so
> I reckon we need to do sommat nice with it. So what should we put on it?
> I know we had this discussion last week, but we've done nothing since
> then so I'm trying to move things along!
>
> We obviously need to have details of things we're doing, things we've
> done, when our meetings are, who we are, how to get in touch with us
> etc., but what else comes to mind?

That all sounds good, start there, we can always add stuff later.  We can
link to or include reports of talks and stuff as well.

> I favour using Template::Toolkit to do all this, as well as a little bit
> of database, just so I can learn more about TT!

Yeah I think we should use TT.

> So what does everyone think?

I think it looks pants too, but then dammit Jim! I'm a programmer not a
designer.  I know next to nothing about making it "pretty", so I'll stay
out of that discussion.

Cheers

Andrew