{ANNOUNCE} Games::Quake::Log

Stray Toaster mwk at stray-toaster.co.uk
Fri Dec 28 06:08:48 CST 2001

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 12:01:50PM +0000, Andrew Wilson wrote:

<more self justificating....>

actually, this started out as a script, which eventually became the
init. Can't you tell? :-)

> And if the format of your log file changes and you need to be able to
> parse the old and new versions of the file, what do you do then?  If
> it's properly written you sub class the log file parser and override the
> bits that have changed.   Lovely Jubbly.

Ah, but it is gibstats standard log file output, which hasn't changed
since QuakeWorld all those years ago. Just new keywords. Which, I
suppose, would be hard to change in the module, as you would have to go
and edit the init. *damn* I hate talking myself round to your way of
thinking.

> Do you want to get together for lunch next week sometime?

sounds like a plan to me.

m.

--
So they went off together. But wherever
they go, and whatever happens to them on the way,