{ANNOUNCE} Games::Quake::Log

Stray Toaster mwk at stray-toaster.co.uk
Fri Dec 28 05:51:12 CST 2001

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 11:46:04AM +0000, Tony Bowden wrote:
> > Ah yes, I know. That is as I didn't get round to constructing a log
> > file/s that had every eventuality covered.
>
> Aha. A common misconception.
>
> "I can't write tests as I can't test every eventuality".
>
> Sorry. That's just intellectually corrupt.

Well, actually, I am justifying myself here. I know I could have written
tests. The log file outputs in a certain way, but not every file
contains every case, and err, I tested it in the field. And found
problems. Which have all been fixed in this release. (Like having
someone whose name is PlayerRename. tcah. People. It would all work well
if there were no people involved. Or maybe just me involved.)

If I was writing this for something other than fun, I would have written
the docs first (my preference, I like to sort my mind out by writing the
docs first) then the tests. But I wasn't. It was hackery-pokery as
implemented by me.

I am off to the monastry to make my confessions now....

m.