This is the __END__

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Sat Dec 15 11:09:31 CST 2001

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 04:24:48PM +0000, Russell Matbouli wrote:
> I'm using a __DATA__ section in a module I'm writing and I'm accessing it
> via <DATA>. I get this error message when I run 'make' after doing 'perl
> Makefile.PL' (generated by h2xs).
>
> Can't find __END__ in blib/lib/Text/Echelon.pm
> make: *** [pm_to_blib] Error 255

Maybe its a Warhol module.  Empire.pm, where eight hours of compiling
is paid off by an explosion of errors at the end.

Or maybe you generated your module with an oldish version of h2xs and
there's a spurious "use AutoLoader" in your module and AutoSplit is
griping because it can't find any subroutines to autoload?

--

Michael G. Schwern   <schwern at pobox.com>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance	    <perl-qa at perl.org>	       Kwalitee Is Job One