mysql DBI

Andrew Wilson andrew at rivendale.net
Mon Aug 27 04:42:32 CDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 10:19:34AM +0100, Tony Bowden wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 11:35:50PM +0100, Andrew Wilson wrote:
> > For things you can use it for it's brilliant.  Sometimes you still need
> > to know how to do the SQL/DBI thing yourself.
>
> Of course, I'd love to know what things you can't do with
> Class::DBI[::mysql], that you often need to, so I can consider adding
> it to one or the other ;)

I was thinking about joins across multiple tables with lots of
filtering.  If you just get back the objects and use perl to do the
selection you could end up making tens or hundreds of thousands of
obects to get the six or seven that you actually want.

The other time you might need it is to add to or debug Class::DBI :-)

cheers

Andrew