Perl5+i

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Tue Apr 10 17:29:12 CDT 2001

Perl5+i is Damian's imaginary and complex vision of what he would do
if he was designing Perl 6.

http://www.yetanother.org/damian/Perl5+i/

    Nat asked me to spend the last two weeks putting together my take on a
    (partial) design for a new version of Perl, based around:

        the RFCs,
        the extensive feedback I've received whilst travelling around the
          world, talking about Perl 6 (now to over 500 people),
        my own fevered imagination.

    So please bear in mind that it is only a very rough sketch, thrown
    together from scratch in 9.5 days. Expect errors and inconsistencies
    all through it.

    More importantly: This is not the design for Perl 6!

Essentially, its the best bits of the Perl 6 RFCs filtered through
Damian's quinine addled mind.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <schwern at pobox.com>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <perl-qa at perl.org>	     Kwalitee Is Job One