first offical meeting

Andrew andrew at rivendale.cx
Sat Oct 7 10:38:12 CDT 2000

On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 03:15:17PM +0200, tony at tmtm.com wrote:
>Andrew Wilson <andrew at rivendale.cx> writes:
>>On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 07:58:53AM -0700, Stray Toaster wrote:
>>> And will it be a la London.pm? All in a pub on the first day after the first
>>> wednesday of the month (as I recall...)?
>> The traditional name for this day is the first Thursday of the month ;-)
>
> No it's not ...
>
> cal 6 2000

Point taken, I stand humbled.  Why such a weird day though?  what's
wrong with the first Thursday of the month unless that's also the
first day of the month?

>>> or will it just be in work next week? ;-)
>> This doesn't seem very inclusive either :-( maybe we should just go
>> with the pub option.
>
> It's inclusive enough for BLUG :)

Is it though.  Scott subscribes to the BLUG list and asked if he could
come to the meetings in the BlackStar building (no-one's answered that
yet, but if the answer is no then it's probably not inclusive enough
for BLUG (unfortunately, and that's a really big unfortunately)).
Other than that I have no problem with meeting in any building owned
by BlackStar.  I don't really have a problem with meeting in pubs
either - but some might.

cheers

Andrew