first offical meeting

Stray Toaster mwk at icestorm.net
Sat Oct 7 08:22:30 CDT 2000

>The traditional name for this day is the first Thursday of the month ;-)

oh, let's not start with traditionalities......

I suspect
>that if you hold these meetings in a pub you're going to alianate some people who
>don't go into pubs for various reasons.  This is much more common in NI than it
>would be in London.  It is of course possible to just take that attitude of fsck
>all the alcholics (to name one such group) in the world, they can damn well visit
>the pub like everybody else.  But that doesn't seem very inclusive.  I'm not saying
>I'm dead set against the pub, I'm just raising what may be an objection from certain
>quaters.

[1] point taken. But only if you think I was being *serious* in the first place. (And I also know that pub culture in NI is different for that across the water. Holding one of our meetings in a pub here would seem like a bit of a bad idea on reflection, sarcasm aside....)

>> or will it just be in work next week? ;-)
>
>This doesn't seem very inclusive either :-( maybe we should just go with the pub
>option.

again, see point [1]!!

>Andrew

no probs, Andrew. But I think we *need* to meet somewhere, and sometime soon. How about in Botanic Gardens, with big advocacy flags? Perlmongers R Us?

After all, there are CPAN authors amongst our ranks now....

m.

and is your sig file *truly* random? As I am not convinced this random sig file gernerator passes the test of true randomness. So what *is* randomness? Can it exist? <oh, Marc, do shut up....>