[Bath-pm] Let's try a bit of movement...

CosmicPerl.com Support webmaster at cosmicperl.com
Wed Sep 19 05:50:51 PDT 2007

Well I've been coding Perl for about 9 years. Developed a few applications.
To me, in the past it was always about getting the code working, now it's
about getting the code working well, or the best possible. I've been
re-writing all my software from the ground up, and bumped up my reading with
a load of perl books, namely:-
Learning Perl
Learning Perl on Win32 systems
ActivePerl with ASP and ADO
Programming Perl
Intermediate Perl
Advanced Perl programming
Mastering Regular expressions
Perl best practice (currently reading)
Testing Perl
Programming the Perl DBI
Algorithms with Perl
Mastering Perl

I've made my first (albeit small) contribution to CPAN:-
http://search.cpan.org/~cosmicnet/

And ummm, thought that maybe I should get a bit involved with the community.
I've been pestering the PerlMonks for years for code solutions to problems,
they rank me as level 8, but my XP is predominately through asking
questions, not answering them. http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=402839

Been lurking at LMP and Perl5Porters for a few years, but don't really keep
up with those lists as they are to fast and I've got enough emails to get
through each day for work...

I'm guessing you guys have a fair bit more experience than me. Care to fill
me in?

Lyle

Lyle Hopkins          - CosmicPerl.com CGI Scripts -
Internet software solutions for the professional webmaster
Email: webmaster at cosmicperl.com
Web site: http://www.cosmicperl.com
Specializing in Affiliate Software solutions