[Bath-pm] Hi, everyone!

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 03:29:50 PDT 2007

Hi Chris,

I find python isn't to my taste, I think it's mostly subjective, as
perl and python both have trade-offs if you pick one, so you might as
well use what you find most comfortable (and/or will pay your
mortgage).

If you want to lurk and just absorb a little wisdom (and a lot of
sillyness, bad ideas and other noise) I'd suggest subscribing to
london.pm, devon/cornwall perl mongers is a bit busier than bath.pm -
heck we even had a few meetings last year, including a technical talk
by yours truly on Maypole.

There are a lot of perl beginners resources, but you could start with
http://lists.cpan.org/showlist.cgi?name=beginners and
http://perl-begin.org/ and http://learn.perl.org/

Cheers,

A.