Introductions etc.

Gavin Reade readey at greadey.uklinux.net
Thu Jan 9 18:49:14 CST 2003

Hello everybody,

Just thought I'd introduce myself since I hve just subscribed to the
list.

My name is Gavin or greadey if you prefer.  I have been using Perl for
about three years now and I use it mainly for chopping large amounts of
data into more manageable portions and also to format it for
presentaion.

I spend alot of time trying to convince my work colleagues that they
should learn Perl, the only success i have though is with a Delphi
addict who is always impressed by how short a really useful Perl program
can be.

I live on Barry Island, Wales and since you lot are the closest I
thought I'd impose myself on you.

I run an AMD K6-2 450 MHz PC with 196 Mb RAM.  The machine is running
Debian Woody, I also have a FreeBSD 4.4 OS as well, but it's broke at
the moment.

I was lucky enough to install woody on a PC at work, but most of my day
to day stuff is accomplished (somewhat slowly) with Windoze NT.

I have business dealings in Bath from time to time so I shall try and
arrange it so I can meet up with you all at some point in the future.

regards,

greadey.