[Job] Not perl

Shevek shevek at anarres.org
Tue Dec 23 17:12:27 CST 2003

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, David Hodgkinson wrote:

> On Tuesday, Dec 23, 2003, at 22:04 Europe/London, Shevek wrote:
>
> > Hmm. I'm in dire need of work at the moment. However, I have little
> > interest in coding ASP, and certainly not full time. I think I'll go
> > talk to them and see how much flexibility there might be in the offer
> > in view of expertise. Either I learn ASP part time, or I could offer
> > to code something sensible.
>
> Who was that giving the "if all you have is a hammer..." rant
> earlier on another list? ;-)

I wasn't ranting. I was merely diplomatically pointing out that
recommending [personal project] to an uneducated audience with no
justification was poor form. I don't strictly see the relationship though;
"something sensible" really depends on the task at hand. I only stated
that I don't currently want to code ASP full time, and certainly not for
that money. If "something sensible" is, as you suggest, ASP, then I don't
apply.

> I think you'll be *very* unlikely to get them to change. This setup
> works very well for them at the moment.

Hm. Then I need to keep looking. I do need something.

S.

--
Shevek                                    http://www.anarres.org/
I am the Borg.                         http://www.gothnicity.org/