Bath.pm April 2 Meeting Report

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 6 03:05:13 CST 2002

* Magnus Huckvale (magnus at huckvale.net) wrote:

> * The Scots
>   - Will they or won't they be supporting England in the World Cup
>   - Richard points out that we supported Scotland in 1978

Speaking as a Northern Irish person who supports England and who lived
in Scotland for a while - the Scots won't support England, they have
even supported the Germans, during various England vs. Germany[1]
games of recent years. The laughed when fat boy Maradonna scored the
hand of god goal. In general they seem to have some chip on their
shoulder about ``those english bastards who rule our land''. And for
some of them it isn't a bit of friendly rivalry, they really do hate
you.

Greg

[1] My wife (scottish) was strangely quiet after the recent 5-1
gubbing of Germany.

--
Greg McCarroll                                 http://217.34.97.146/~gem/