Bath.pm April 2 Meeting Report

Mark Fowler mark at profero.com
Fri Apr 5 02:55:13 CST 2002

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Magnus Huckvale wrote:

> * Template Toolkit is mentioned
>   - Views are described as 'crack-fuelled'

Pswah and Poppycock:
http://www.tt2.org/pipermail/templates/2002-March/002982.html

>   - Magnus notes that he installed Win32 Perl & TT via 'some package
> management thingy' painlessly on his XP laptop

Activestate's ppm I should imagine.  And by "Win32" perl you mean
Activestate Perl (not cywin perl or otherwise compiled perl.)

> * Vegetenaneariaonism is discussed
>   - Pigs are more intelligent than dogs c.f Babe

Yes, but they also taste better (so I've been told)

> * Gary describes SQL as 'quite a nice little language'

Gah, SQL sucks.  It doesn't lend itself well to being constructed by
computers, which, 99% of time is what's happening.  You tend not to enter
that much SQL by hand.

> * Lord of the Rings
>   - Magnus says it was too short by a factor of 50%

Actually it was too Long.  I think they should have ended it when they got
out of the Caves.

Later.

Mark.

--