willow

Philip Newton philip.newton at datenrevision.de
Tue Oct 24 07:37:55 CDT 2000

Nothing like warming up an old discussion.

dave wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 11:58:35PM +0100, Greg McCarroll
> (greg at mccarroll.demon.co.uk) wrote:
> >
> > so i put it you , willow is nothing but an ugly bird that all the
> > geeks fancy because they feel inadequate to consider buffy
>
> You're wrong and you know you are. The fact is that some of
> us are discerning enough to be interested in someone with
> some intelligence rather than a bimbo who simply conforms to
> societies sterotypes of attractiveness.

Besides, Willow is cuter than Buffy. (Says me, after finding an MPEG archive
of past Buffys.) And, for a first-time watcher, more recognisable: I had a
hard time recognising Buffy sometimes ("who's this girl in the scene? <10
mins later> Oh, *that's* Buffy").

*And* Willow is a hacker-type. Alyson Hannigan rules. And she even has her
own Appreciation Society: http://www.network23.com/hub/ahas/default.html .
Eat that!

Cheers,
Philip