[Fwd: Potential Perl authors]

Leon Brocard leon at netcraft.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 04:18:59 CDT 1999

Maureen Newmeyer wrote:

> Recently you have reviewed a ms for us, through Ted Kennedy. I was
> wondering if you could advise us on another matter. We are working on a
> series of well-focused, intermediate-level Perl books and are actively
> looking for authors. The tentative list of topics follows below. If you can
> suggest any potential authors or other topics, it would be a great help to
> us.
>
> * Web Database Design Using Perl
> * Object Oriented Programming in Perl  (author signed and ms in progress)
> * Building C Extensions to Perl (using XS and SWIG)
> * Rapid Development in Perl
> * The Perl Compiler
> * Threads Programming in Perl
> * Integrating Java with Perl
> * Munging File Formats with Perl
> * Perl and XML
> * Perl for Systems Administrators/UNIX and NT   (for UNIX, author signed
> and ms in progress)
> * General Database Design Using Perl

Well, I for one will be impressed if all these books come
out. Any other ideas, guys?

Oh, and we're having another meeting on Wed... Leon
--
Leon Brocard................................http://bath.pm.org/
leon at netcraft.com........................http://www.astray.com/

... If at first you don't succeed, call it v1.0!