Meeting 1999-08-03

Mark Fowler mark at twoshortplanks.com
Tue Aug 3 06:30:23 CDT 1999

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Leon Brocard wrote:

> Hello everyone, I'm back from diving with the sharks &
> fishes and we're having another meeting on Wednesday at
> the Hobgoblin as usual.
>
> Suggested topics of interest include what we can do with
> <URL:http://bath.pm.org/map/groups.xml> (I'm going to start
> actively maintaining it and the Perl Mongers are going to
> use it the authoritative source for .pm's. And also some
> stuff about regression testing webbots.
>
> See ya all there, peeps.

Not me you won't.

You've really got to sort out

 a) The problem of cropping a *huge* image every time you do this
 b) Overlapping place names

The former can be done by sacrificing disk space and having several
(overlapping) smaller images instead of one large one which you then crop
instead.

The latter may require some more inventiveness.  I have an intuative
feeling that aranging place names so they don't overlap but are as near as
possible to the dots is a hard problem.  Numbered dots and a key in the
html?

Later.

Mark.