[bcn-pm] Fwd: [pm_groups] YAPC Survey and Perl Mongers

Alex Muntada alexm a alexm.org
dic oct 5 01:53:36 PDT 2011

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gabor Szabo

hi,

Barbie just posted the results of the YAPC::EU survey.

Looking at it and comparing them with the results of the
YAPC::NA survey I saw this:

"Are you a member of a local Perl Mongers user group?"
Roughly 60% of the responded "Yes".
That means 40% are not members. That was 51 in EU and 34 in NA.

"If not, do you plan to find one or start one?".
60% of them answered "Yes" or "Maybe".

That's the potential of new recruits from a YAPC.

Take into account that most of the respondents to the survey
say "Yes" or "Maybe" to the question
"Do you plan to attend a future YAPC/Workshop?" but for about 25%
this was the first YAPC. So if I am not mistaken the people who did
not answer the survey have a large percentage who will not attend
another YAPC. I guess the number of Perl Monger
members is lower among them.

I am not sure what can we do with this information but maybe
we could think of some kind of Perl Monger promotion effort at
the coming YAPCs? e.g. a table where the interested Perl Monger
groups can have some flyers always manned by a PM representative.

Such setup can give both the newcomers an the
PM representative a better opportunity to start talking.

Survey results:
YAPC::EU http://yapc-surveys.org/html/ye2011-survey.html
YAPC::NA http://yapc-surveys.org/html/yn2011-survey.html

regards
  Gabor

Més informació sobre la llista de correu Barcelona-pm