[bcn-pm] [Fwd: Perl 6 Microgrants. Now accepting proposals.]

pancake pancakeayouterm.com
Dij Mar 22 05:20:29 PDT 2007

Subject: Perl 6 Microgrants. Now accepting proposals.
From:    "Jesse Vincent" <jesseabestpractical.com>
Date:    Thu, March 22, 2007 4:04
To:      perl6-internalsaperl.org
         perl6-languageaperl.org
         perl6-compileraperl.org
         perl5-portersaperl.org

I'm pleased to announce the inaugural Perl 6 Microgrants program.   Best
Practical Solutions (my company) has donated USD5,000 to The   Perl
Foundation to help support Perl 6 Development.  Leon Brocard,
representing The Perl Foundation's grants committee, will work with   me
to select proposals and evaluate project success.  We'll be making
USD500 grants to worthy Perl 6 related efforts. We're hoping to fund   a
range of Perl 6-related projects over the life of the grant
program.  Accepted grants might be for coding, documentation, testing   or
even writing articles about Perl 6. The program isn't tied to any   one
implementation of Perl 6 -- We're interested in seeing proposals   related
to Pugs, Perl 6 on Parrot, Perl 6 on Perl 5 or any other Perl   6
implementation.  Generally, we're interested in seeing projects   that can
be completed in 4-6 calendar weeks.

Submitting a grant proposal
---------------------------

To submit a grant proposal, please email us at perl6-
micrograntsaperl.org with the following information:

* A two to three paragraph summary of the work you intend to do
* A quick bio - Who are you? Is there opensource work you've done   that
we should have a look at?
* A brief description of what "success" will mean for your project -   How
will we know you're done?
* Where (if anywhere) you've discussed your project in the past
* Where you'll be blogging about your progress. (Twice-weekly blog   posts
are a requirement for getting your grant money)

We'll be accepting proposals on a rolling schedule. We expect to pay   out
these first 10 grants over the course of the summer. Depending on   how
things go, we'll then either find more money for more grant
programs or we'll wind up the program and move on to other endeavors.

We're really excited to get rolling. Submit your proposals early and
often. Don't let somebody else beat you to the punch ;)

Best,

Jesse