[bcn-pm] Instal.lant Perl/Tk en Mac...

Jordi Delgado jdelgado at lsi.upc.edu
Wed Apr 13 10:11:40 PDT 2005

Hola,

Continuo sense poder usar el Perl/Tk i sense saber la rao. He fet
una consulta a comp.lang.perl.tk, pero la reprodueixo aqui tambe,
per si algu coneix la solucio al problema (sospito que es una tonteria,
pero no me'n surto; espero no estar fent el ridicul):

Hi,

I'm trying to install the Tk module on Mac OS X 10.3.
I've done all that, according to README.darwin, must be done:
- Install X11 SDK
- compile Perl from the sources with
   sh Configure -des -Duseshrplib
  and use this new Perl as default.
- I'm installing everything from the root account

Everything goes well, but almost no test is passed.
The error is, in almost all the tests, the following:
"couldn't connect to display ":0" at
/private/var/root/.cpan/build/Tk-804.027/blib/lib/Tk/MainWindow.pm line 55"

Thus, I've done no "make install" yet.

I'm new to the Mac world, but I've used Perl/Tk under Linux and Windows
with no problem installing the module.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks a lot in advance,

Bests,