[bcn-pm] Hello and Perl Mongers webpage listing

Russell Matbouli lists-barcelona.pm at russell.matbouli.org
Tue Nov 12 06:23:59 CST 2002

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 06:57:40AM -0500, Zeno wrote:
> Thanks for pointing this out!
> I've just sent an email making the request.

That's okay. They updated the list a month or two ago, perhaps they
didn't have your email address before. The same thing happened to my
local group - Belfast.PM.

> Alas, we pretty much exist only as a list.

Aw! The fun with Perl Mongers groups is meeting up socially, the
technical talks are a pleasant side-effect of that :)

>                                             However, having a visiting Perl
> Monger might be excuse enough for us to whip something up.

Gosh, you'll make me feel important if you don't watch out! :D

>                                                             When you know
> what days you will be here, post back to the list and we'll see if we can
> have an impromptu meeting.

Excellent! I think this is going to be something I tell my girlfriend at
the last minute, in case she decides to murder me! ;)

Anyone want to suggest a café or bar or somewhere we could go in central
Barcelona?

> Don't worry!  Although a major purpose of the group is to maintain a Catalan
> presence in the Perl world, just about everyone in the group understands

A worthy cause :)

> written English at least (I, an American, probably have the most problems
> speaking English correctly!)

Hahaha, great! Nice talking to you, hope we can arrange a meeting
together. Perl Mongers without meetings will probably just talk about
Perl on their list and not about beer :)
--
Russell Matbouli       |
russell at futureless.org |             I am Jack's smirking revenge