[Banking-pm] What does your development environment look like?

leif.eriksen at hpa.com.au leif.eriksen at hpa.com.au
Wed Feb 7 14:52:19 PST 2007

Company base is a laptop with XP and VMWare for any other O/S you want. Infrastructre only support the XP part though

OK my minimum requirements are
1. A windows environment - be that M$ or X11 or whatever
2. xemacs for that env - via cygin on M$
3. Some kind of versioning solution - one of subversion|cvs|ClearCase  preferred

Preferred module installs
1. Devel::Cover
2. Test::MockObject
3. XML::Simple
4. Log::Log4perl

If I have to work on C/C++
1. Cmake -  I will NEVER write a Makefile again
2. Valgrind for the x86 linux boxen, Insure++ from Parasoft or Purify for Win|Solaris
3. Doxygen-enabled source code

For issue tracking - JIRA from Atlassian - I have never worked with anything as good as this - brilliant

If possible Dart for dashboards of automated builds/tests etc

I've used Komodo, it was OK. Havent taken the time to learn the Eclipse path yet, probably should real soon now.

This is a fairly nuts and bolts type of list, but its important to evaluate the (political|management|policy) environment that does or does not allow you to have these tools. That has a vastly more nuturing or supressive effect on your ability to work effectively than any tool you could list.