[Banking-pm] [Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] [SOCIAL] Social at Dirty Dicks, Thursday 6th September]

alex at owal.co.uk alex at owal.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 05:27:14 PDT 2007

Since the London.pm social is happening "in the City" next week, perhaps
we should try to make it there!

Alex

Subject: [ANNOUNCE] [SOCIAL] Social at Dirty Dicks, Thursday 6th September
From:    "Simon Wistow" <simon at thegestalt.org>
Date:    Thu, August 30, 2007 11:55 am
To:      "London.pm Announce" <london.pm-announce at london.pm.org>

Because we're cool, outre, avant garde kind of people and we like to try
new, zany things we're trying yet another new pub this month - the
delightfully named Dirty Dicks by Liverpool Street. And when I say "by
Liverpool Street" I really mean it - it's opposite the Bishopsgate
Entrance to Liverpool Street Station.

  http://london.pm.org/meetings/locations/dirty_dicks.html
  http://www.dirtydicks.co.uk/
  http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Dirty_Dick's,_EC2M_4NR
  http://streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=533359&y=181631

It's a Young's Pub which means tasty, tasty beer (the last time I was
there I seem to remember they had Double Chocolate on tap - rarr!)

Social meets are a chance for the various members of the group to meet
up face to face and chat with each other about things - both Perl and
non Perl - and newcomers are more than welcome The monthly meets tend to
be bigger than the other ad hoc meetings that take place at other times
and we make sure that they're in easy to get to locations and the pub
serves food (meaning that people can eat in the bar if they want to.)
They normally start around 6.30pm (or whenever people get there after
work) and a group tends to be left come closing time.

If you're a new comer or other first timer (even if you've been lurking
on the mailing list or on IRC) then please seek me out - we have a
tradition that the leader of this motley crew buys the new people a
drink (alcoholic or not, either's fine) and introduce them to people.

Simon

Location

  Opposite Liverpool Street station.

By Tube

  Liverpool Street Tube couldn't be much closer.

  If you're feeling perverse then Aldgate, Mansion House, Moorgate and
  Shoreditch are all within walking distance.

By Bus

  Oh, so many buses - check them out from the TFL map

  http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/liverpoolstreet-2161.pdf