[Bangalore-pm] October Meetup

Deepti Varshney deepti at careergear.in
Sun Sep 29 21:19:59 PDT 2013

Hey guys,

I learnt four things from this arrangement:

1. Meetup date should be planned in advance
2. Meetup date should ideally not coincide with other events (ex: this
time, jsFoo and BangPypers).
3. If you've got an internal mailing list in your company to reach out to
programming enthusiasts, you should let them know about the meetup. I was
planning to get a board of sorts that will be put up at the reception so
that everybody can see (there aren't that many active internal tech mailing
lists at inmobi) - but the board didn't get done... and by the time I
realized it was late to even send to that
whatever-existent-internal-mailing-list to announce the meetup. So finally
no inmobi employee knew about the event. Had more folks known, we'd have
had a better turn out in attendance plus would truly help the cause of
collecting up perl mongers from across bangalore's various tech companies.
Any better ideas of reaching out besides through meetup.com itself?
4. Event could start towards evening than noon? What do you guys say?

Regards,

  -Suraj