[Bangalore-pm] Aug Meetup

venkatakrishnan g superpulse.x at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 12:51:41 PDT 2013

Hey Everybody,

August meetup went great, there were several new faces. Thank you Yahoo!
for hosting us, and Saran for making sure things went smoothly. Thank you
everybody for making it a great evening.

We had a few talks:
  - Suraj presenting the idea for his oil drilling simulation
  - I had a severely unprepared talk on measuring heart rate with Perl and R
  - Vasundhar had an excellent and short talk on writing better Perl
  - Suraj then had impromptu but detailed tutorial like session covering
Perl basics

We had Saran holding it all together, all in all it was a great meet up, we
had a brief discussion later on. Everybody agreed that we still need to
organize this event better, i personally felt it was too long. With a very
little effort we can make it a better experience for everybody.

We should probably have a discussion on how we can make it better and have
volunteers taking up specific responsibility for each meet up.

Cheers,