[Bangalore-pm] Requesting help in improving Yoda

Shantanu Bhadoria shantanu at cpan.org
Fri Jun 28 05:06:20 PDT 2013

Hello Everyone,
Thanks for the awesome response!
I apologize for missing all the messages on the IRC and the mailing list. I
am shifting to a new apartment this monday and packing is taking up all my
time.

I think we have enough volunteers now. The list of maintainers who have
volunteered is Chankey, Jagadeesh, Saran and Mithun.
I don't see any issue with 4 people working on this bot. Thats why we use
github(collaboration) :)

Chankey, I have got your github handle and I have added you as a member in
"Yoda Maintainers" group . I will need the github handles from the rest of
you.

I understand that atleast one or more people are not familiar with github
or POE.

If you need to understand how git works there is a useful guide at
https://github.com/progit/progit

As for POE, since the its really a simple bot, I can quickly bring up to
speed those who need help with it on the IRC channel tomorrow, drop me a
private message when you are free for a quick "run".

As for collaboration issues, we will use these general guidelines on
maintainance:

   - Follow proper git routine pull -> fork -> <modify stuff> -> pull ->
   merge -> push
   - Raise a issue and reassign it to yourself in github before you start
   working on a task. This is you being nice to others as well as yourself, it
   means others will see what you are working on and this work doesn't collide
   with your own.

Upasana and Yakov's list gives a good idea of what we want and what is
wrong with the existing bot, so I believe thats what we need to work on
first.

I will try to raise them as "issue"'s in the repo as much as I can, anyone
from the group may create a issue on the repo if they desire some
improvements.

Cheers and Happy Hacking,

-Shantanu Bhadoria