[Bangalore-pm] Hello, all.

Ya'akov Sloman yaakov at perlfoundation.org
Thu Jun 13 07:28:34 PDT 2013

Hello!

I am Ya'akov Sloman, the TPF (The Perl Foundation) Community Advocate.  I am excited to see a resurgence in interest in the Bangalore area in social meetings of the Perl Mongers group.  It only takes a few people to get something great started.

It looks like some people were very active in the past and did some nice stuff with the website.  But, people's lives change and they move on.  I don't know if the original PM group is still around, but they gave it a nice start.  I think that there is enough interest to build it further.

As Community Advocate, I am here to help facilitate in any way I can.  We can identify mentors from successful PM groups to help advise, and assistance with materials for the website, with marketing, and ultimately with organizing workshops or even the first YAPC::India.

If there is anything you need, you can contact me directly at yaakov -at- perlfoundation.org, or, if it is general, you can write to the list.

Good luck,
Ya'akov

--
Ya'akov Sloman