[Bangalore-pm] Next Perl Meetup

Chankey Pathak chankey007 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 05:09:41 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 5:14 PM, Saravanan T <talk2saravanan at yahoo.co.in>wrote:

> Hey Perl Mongers,
>
> Here is the next meetup
>
> http://www.meetup.com/Indian-Perl-Mongers/events/127551462
>
> YES.This time , Exceleron is working to sponsor t-shirts,laptop
> stickers,etc..
>
> Cyclers! You get some surprises.
>
> Send us your suggestion to improve perl community across india
>
> Lets discuss how we need to move towards YAPC::INDIA
>
> Thanks,
> ~Saran

No offense but I really don't like the description. We just had our first
meetup and we've started planning for YAPC::India, really? We must
concentrate on normal meetups first, then put our efforts to revive other
PM groups (Delhi, Pune, Mumbai, Madurai, Madras, Hyderabad).

And when all PM groups are ready with about 10 to 15 guys in each group,
then we can have a India level meetup. That will be the biggest meetup.
Then we can try to have such meetup once in 6 months.

This India level meetup alone will be a big thing and we'll have to work
very hard for that, YAPC::India will demand 10 times for more effort than
that, so I see it's not that near.

Moreover it will leave bad impression if we start using YAPC::India, there
are many countries which have more Perl mongers than us, they have more PM
groups with more numbers of members as compared to us, they still don't
have YAPC.

It doesn't mean I'm not in favor of YAPC::India, YAPC::IN is my dream, but
we must accept the realities and should proceed step by step.

PS: Everyone will be having different opinion, so we should have a poll for
this where people can vote whether they like to use YAPC::IN in these
initial level meetups or not.

--
Regards,
Chankey Pathak