[Bangalore-pm] Fwd: Bangalore Mongers Meeting

wolf superpulse.x at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 22:55:11 PDT 2011

Hey Everybody,

We had our first Bangalore Perl Mongers meetup. It was quite awesome to meet
up with Shantanu and Ravish and in general discuss the the type of work
they've been doing with Perl. They, needless to say have been doing some
very very interesting stuff with perl and both brilliant programmers. I
can't help but think there are more people out there who are really ripping
it off with perl. We *NEED* you to help build this community in Bangalore.

There's no doubt that we probably have one of the weakest community at the
moment, but, i'm sure it won't be long.

We agreed that our goal should be to bring YAPC to Bangalore, Its high time.
Ruby community has bought RubyConf to India multiple times.

Bangalore Perl Mongers will meetup at least once every month. The next meet
up is proposed on August 6th, its open to change. Also our primary goal is
to increase participation by at least one more member every month. That's a
reasonable goal.

Also, i'm on #bangalore.pm on irc.perl.org all the time. Join in when you
feel like.

Cheers and Happy Hacking,
Venkat