[Bangalore-pm] Bangalore-pm Digest, Vol 24, Issue 2

Shantanu Bhadoria shantanu.bhadoria at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 01:41:51 PST 2010

Hello Kiran,

   1. I can work on OpenID login as an option if there is public demand, but
   we will have to keep the regular authentication as well since not everyone
   has a openid url.
   2. Categories will start coming in the forum soon(Thats the Plan). We
   will need volunteers for ownership of the sections too. Would you like to
   volunteer for any particular section?
   3. IRC for bangalore.pm.org(will look at hosting that as well).
   4. Calendar is on the cards too but not immidiately. basically I want to
   take on a poll in the forum before I activate some of these features.
   e.g.(Should we go with google calendar or some other solution.
   5. link to perl sites, why not, I think this is simlar to the suggestions
   from suhas earlier.
   6. rss, I think there is a feed at the forum as it it, site has a feed
   link too I just need to put it there. Twitter(and facebook) feeds yeah, I
   need to setup a channel for that.
   7. For now this site is built on Joomla, which is a PHP based CMS, reason
   for this choice is flexiblity in adjusting to user demands on features
   quickly. For now I am a one man team in building this system. but I can
   definetly put the site on github if requested.

The request list is fairly long now. I think I have my work cut out. Please
continue the feedbacks so we can make this community a success.
Kiran, You have a beer in your account :)
Cheers,
-Shantanu