[Bangalore-pm] Perl training

Adriano Ferreira a.r.ferreira at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 05:58:36 PDT 2007

On 7/5/07, Suhas Bharadwaj <Suhas.Bharadwaj at efi.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "Perl Black book"  and "Pro Perl" are good books for exploring more on perl.
>
> No need of training on perl, if you know basics of C or any programming.

You're kidding, right? If someone would program Perl the way he/she
programs C or Java, the result would be an unfortunate pile of code
that will add to the anedoctes like "Perl is unreadable", "look how it
is ugly", "look how this expression is awkward".

If the idea is to advance in Perl for web programming, they should
learn Perl by standard books as "Learning Perl", "Intermediate Perl",
"Perl Best Practices", "Programming Perl" and grok material from the
specific frameworks that are going to be used (Catalyst, Jifty, etc.).

Adriano.