[baltimorepm] help with Net::HL7::Connection

Stephen Belcher sbelcher at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 07:36:09 PDT 2014

FWIW, on CentOS, it seems that the `netstat -en` command doesn't list
listening sockets, for that you'll need to add the `-l` flag (which then
seems to list *only* listening sockets, not sure how to get both).
Additionally, you can `grep` that output for the port you're trying to
connect on to see if it's open, instead of parsing the whole output, *e.g.*,
`netstat -len | grep :12345` (not 12345, natch, just whatever the port is).
I was hoping there was a way to instruct `netstat` to only care about
particular ports, but I can't seem to find that.

--Stephen