[baltimorepm] DCBPW - Call for tutorials and day-of-bodies

Brock awwaiid at thelackthereof.org
Mon Apr 15 16:57:32 PDT 2013

Greetings DC and Baltimore Perl Mongers,

As you hopefully know, this Saturday April 20 is the DC-Baltimore Perl
Workshop, this year taking place in Baltimore. We've got 50+ perl
mongers coming, and 12+ talks to choose from!

Website, in case you missed it -- http://dcbpw.org

FIRST:

We have a need for two 50-minute tutorials, if any of you are up to a
last-minute talk. We have some pre-baked slides you can even steal from
or read directly:

  https://github.com/genehack/perl-beginner-talks

One of these from that repo would be great:
* Intro To Perl: Data Structures
* Intro To Perl: Documentation
* Intro to OO talk from DCBPW2012
* Intro To Perl: Regular Expressions
* Intro to Perl Testing

... if I can't find anyone in the next day or so then either one of the
organizers will end up doing it and/or I'll bump some of the backup
talks over, which will be more-awesomeness but less-intro.

SECOND:

If anyone is available, we will probably need a few (not many) people
the day-of to help with minor tasks -- directing people here or there,
telling people that their time is up and that they have to get off of
the stage now, things like that.

Any interest in either, please email: dcbpw-organizers at googlegroups.com

Thanks, and hope to see you all there!
--Brock