[baltimorepm] Reminders!

Brad Lhotsky brad.lhotsky at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 10:27:22 PDT 2011

Our next meeting is next Thursday, 10/20 @ 6:30pm at the ETC!

http://www.meetup.com/Baltimore-Perl-Mongers/events/35958492/

I've been doing some outreach into the Baltimore tech leadership and
am starting to work together with Bmore on Rails, Baltimore PHP,
Baltimore Javascript, and Baltimore Mobile to do more cross
pollination and figure out clever new ways to bring all our
communities more value.

I'd like to plug an idea from the Ruby guys since they draw a large
crowd and are actually really interested in this type of
collaboration.

Tuesday, October 25th, at 7pm at the ETC, they'll be doing their
monthly Open Source Hackathon.  I will be there working on some Perl
projects and would love a few others from this group to show up and
hack some Perl code..

http://www.meetup.com/bmore-on-rails/events/36394602/

I have not come across any animosity from any other dynamic language
user group.  Most of these groups are really interested in what they
can learn from other language communities.  Sure, there are a few egos
involved, but our community has those folks too.  I'd like to see our
group be pivotal in representing the best of the Perl community to
other communities.

Look forward to seeing you all at the next meeting and hopefully at
the Hackathon as well!

--
Brad Lhotsky