BPM Meeting - Feb. 1

Manning, Rob Rob_Manning at mail.ci.baltimore.md.us
Wed Jan 19 09:20:25 CST 2000

Just a reminder that the next meeting  of the Baltimore Perl Mongers
will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Feb. 1 at the Community of Science office
building (for directions see http://www.cos.com/directions.shtml)

This month I'll be demonstrating the use of ActiveState's
visual Perl debugger.  This is a visual tool to aid in identifying the
root cause when you run into problems with Perl scripts.

Since this tool is currently only available on the Win32
platform, I'm hoping someone will step forward to show us
the GNU analog (Perl/pdb/emacs, Perl/Tk equivalent, etc...).
I think the group would benefit from seeing what is available
in the public domain as well.  If anyone would be interested in
doing this for the March 7th meeting please send me email.
(We'll also need to arrange for someone to bring in a laptop
running Linux/UNIX - send me email if you're interested giving this
demo or letting someone give this demo on your laptop).

We'll have books to give away, and time for chat after the
presentation.  I hope to see your there!

Rob

Rob Manning                                     manningr at tcsnet.net
Principal Analyst                               Work (410) 396-4963
TeleCommunication Systems               Fax  (410) 837-0546
--
Looking for a  Perl user's group in Baltimore? - http://baltimore.pm.org