APM: Tonight's Meeting Postponed Until Next Thurs 3/26

Thomas L. Shinnick tshinnic at prismnet.com
Thu Mar 26 21:51:24 PDT 2015

At 07:08 PM 3/26/2015, John Napiorkowski wrote:
>Does anyone know if the meeting was really moved? I'm at host gator
>but nobody here seems to think there's a Perl meeting tonight :(

Urg!  Twasn't moved, as Jonathon Taylor found that the meeting space
was spoken for this week (today).  Rather,  when reporting that fact,
he volunteered to present some notes on his/their experiences with
Moose, emphasizing gotchas.

And I'd again like to thank Jonathon for the presentation.  You often
(well, every time) hear the upside sell for new/pretty packages and
get enthused over the next big 'Answer' to all your
problems.  Hearing from the voice of experience can be both
enlightening and sobering.  I'm hoping we will be able to hear "Part 2"!

I was tickled to this week find more than a couple articles
'reflecting' on how Google's Go language was not quite as sparkley
and shiny as people thought originally.  That in a lot of ways it was
simply a better
'C'.
http://www.quora.com/What-reasons-are-there-to-not-use-Go-programming-language
How do you know which way to 'jump' which something is announced?

And of course today's news that Google's Dart group will
'de-emphasize' aiming for a browser VM for the language, instead
agreeing to down-compile to plain Javascript.  You know, like
TypeScript and CofferScript and ....   :-)

If the curse "may you live in interesting times" is not actually
Chinese, it seems open to adoption by the IT industry, yes?