APM: Texas Linux Fest: The 2011 Call for Papers is Open (and some personal bitching about pm.org mail policy)

jameschoate at austin.rr.com jameschoate at austin.rr.com
Tue Jan 18 08:19:36 PST 2011

Let me start out by saying this is my third attempt at sending this to the list, filtering on the --body-- of an email should be verboten. My personal view is a sharp point boot needs to be inserted in the pm.org mail admins rectum for filtering on  my sig because it has a -hack er space . org- address in it.

Now, my original response...

---- Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> according to my little research Austin.pm is in light sleep mode.
> The latest thing the web site mentions is a meeting in
> December 2008 - more than 2 years ago - but the mailing list
> indicates some more activity.
>
> What about trying to use the opportunity of the Texas Linux Fest
> to try to increase the activity in the group?

If you're volunteering to act as primary point of contact I'd be interested in
doing something. Not sure what :)

As a curious historical aside, I was doing some research for the mailing lists
I'm setting up for Confusion Research Center and ran across the following from
shortly after Wayne, Sten, and I setting up APM when it was hosted on my domain.
It's over 10 years old, we should have a anniversary celebration.

 -- Cut Here --