APM: Introduction and meeting inquiry

Dustin Carlino dabreegster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 11:27:59 PDT 2010

Hi Austin PMers,

I'm new to the list. I just started studying CS at UT, and I'm also new
to Austin. The PM group back home (near New Orleans) didn't seem very
active, but this one does. Are there any future meetings planned, or do
we propose them here?

As background, I've been playing around with Perl as a hobby for quite a
few years. I've made a roguelike game, a geographical wiki for UT
campus, and a decent-sized web app for a company, all with Perl. At a
future date, I'd love to give a talk about POE, ncurses tricks (in
general and with Curses.pm), Catalyst, or other topics. If y'all wanted
more student members, I could scrounge up a few friends also interested
in Perl.
<http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org/index.php?title=MnemonicRL>

--
Dustin Carlino
Computer Science - Turing Scholars, Dean's Scholars
dcarlino at mail.utexas.edu
225-315-6824