APM: TRG Maker SIG Sept. 10 Agenda

jameschoate at austin.rr.com jameschoate at austin.rr.com
Thu Sep 3 08:13:41 PDT 2009

Good Morning,

Just wanted to send out a quick reminder that the next TRG Maker SIG meeting is next Thursday...

7:00 - 8:00       Multimeter Basics Session 1/2

8:00 - 8:30       Regular TRG Business

8:30 - 10:00      Lego Mindstorms

We're starting a new topic of how to use a multimeter, both analog and digital. For this first session we'll be talking about what volts, amps, etc. really are as well as covering a little bit of electric circuit network theory. So if, Thevenin or Norton mean nothing to you, and you're not sure what Rx1 and Rx10,000 mean you might want to stop by. If  you have a meter please bring it. We'll have a couple of demo units available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_theory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_analysis_(electrical_circuits)

For the Lego Mindstorms we'll be moving forward on adding bump switches and modifying our code to accomidate it. We expect to be doing this for both meetings this month.

Please let others know of our activity and invite them. If you have a project or other issue please come and share, we consider this an 'open microphone' event. Hope to see you all there!

--
 -- -- -- --
Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus

James Choate