APM: Tonights Meeting...

Keith Howanitz howanitz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 08:19:30 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 12:49 AM, <jameschoate at austin.rr.com> wrote:
[SNIP
> I'd also like to ask the group what they think of "Hack
> Spaces" and why you would or wouldn't find them usefull.
[SNIP]

Will it be related at all to this?

http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/ACTLab

I would be more interested in joining what I think is called
"TechShop", or some combination of a Hack Space and Tech Shop. I don't
have the space for a lathe, welder, and other tools I would sometimes
like access to, but think I would be willing to pay to have membership
someplace where I would have access.

http://www.techshop.ws/

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/12/remake_tool_sharing.html

Anyway, best of luck to your efforts, I think I am too busy to get
involved right now, but I would like to hear how it goes - I am
definitely interested.