APM: Was there a meeting last night?

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Feb 12 13:14:39 PST 2009

One topic that recently occurred to me: Perl Peeves.  Recently I
learned how -r, -w, and -x are broken by design on any systems with
ACLs (like, say, Windows).  I've run across a few other gotchas (unary
+, unary -, true&false&relational operators), but I could rant^H^H^H^H
talk about them maybe 5-10 minutes at most.

So my proposal: is there something about Perl that you frequently
forget about and it always bites you on the butt? Do you always have
to do some workaround that just makes your teeth itch in irritation?

Does this sound like a plan?

Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com