APM: TRG Maker SIG - Thur. Aug. 27

jameschoate at austin.rr.com jameschoate at austin.rr.com
Fri Aug 21 12:46:17 PDT 2009

Good Afternoon One and All!

This Thursday is the next meeting of the TRG Maker SIG and it should be a good one!

7:00 - 8:00        Soldering Session - The last one :( but it will be playing with a surface mount air pen. We can also go over any older material for review. We'll be doing multimeters for the two meetings next month.

8:00 - 8:30        TRG Normal Business

8:30 - 10:00       Lego Mindstorms - We now have four rovers and three RCX bricks working. You NXT guys need to get with the program! We'll be adding bump switches to Eric's rover program so they can interact with their environment to a higher degree. We expect to spend this meeting and the next (Sept. 10th) working out the algorithm we'll end up using when we move on to our next stage of optical line following.

http://wiki.therobotgroup.org/wiki/Main_Page

We hope to see you all there. Please feel free to bring your own projects, we do consider this an 'Open Microphone' event. And be sure to tell others about it as well please.

ps Any interest in a four session sequence focused on building a logic probe & pulser along with basic digital analysis techniques?

--
 -- -- -- --
Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus

James Choate