APM: indigoperl

Erik Hlavaty ehlavaty at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 05:56:47 PDT 2007

If upgrading is not an option for whatever reason, add the following to the
[mysqld] section of my.cnf and then restart mysql:

old_passwords=1

Then, for the Mysql user you are connecting with, change the password to use
the old encryption scheme:

SET PASSWORD FOR '*some_user*'@'*some_host*' = OLD_PASSWORD('mypass');

erik