APM: Meeting topic?

Ian Remmler ian at remmler.org
Mon Sep 11 09:48:31 PDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 10:43:30AM -0500, David Bluestein II wrote:
> Ignoring Ian's Selfish topic suggestion, I could speak on
> HTML::Template from a "Here's what I've done it with it" and a little
> background on it. I don't have a formal presentation, but could do a
> demo and how it works quickly. And I can show how I've used it in a
> 50,000 line project if anyone is interested.

That would work.

> I can also show a neat Singleton trick for database connections that
> Wayne helped with, but that is < 10 minutes of showing. And I'm not
> sure why it works, it just does.

That too.

> Someone was going to do Komodo though, who was that? I know we
> nominated Mark for mysql but probably he didn't know about it :)

Or that.  I might have who suggested Komodo saved on my laptop,
but I can't get to it at the moment.  If these would be short,
I guess we could have 2 or 3 20-30 minute presentations.

> As for the selfish topic suggestion, if we got 3-4 people willing we
> could probably throw something together during meeting, like a group
> codefest.

It looks like we will end up just plugging in some Java FTP
applet.  FTP is really all we need, and the applet part is just
to get around not being able to install anything on the client.
Not at all what I understood the requirements to be at first.
Big surprise!

I doubt that would be a good meeting topic. :)  Thanks for all
the suggestions, though.  I did learn a few things.

    - Ian.

--
"A shark on whiskey is mighty risky.
 A shark on beer is a beer engineer."