APM: Selfish topic suggestion

Ian Remmler ian at remmler.org
Thu Sep 7 07:11:08 PDT 2006

One topic area I just became interested in (because my boss told
me I should be): We need a web-based UI for an application.  One
user, no database, nothing fancy.  I don't know what all it will
do, but one example is transferring files to the client and
managing/deleting files on the server.  I really don't know what
that means or what else it will do.  Using a small, built-in web
server would be nicer than requiring apache.

So what's the best way to build a small, maintainable,
expandable, self-contained web app?  And is Perl even the way to
go, or would Ruby be a better fit (python is out because of the
whole syntax thing).  The key is that it should be easy to
expand and maintain without becoming a mess.  If someone wanted
to talk about that at the meeting, I wouldn't mind. :)

Thanks,
    - Ian.

--
"A shark on whiskey is mighty risky.