APM: Currency Formatting

David Bluestein II dbii at interaction.net
Mon Oct 10 07:52:51 PDT 2005

Okay, I've got currency (some $00000.00, some 0000.00, some 000.0) that
I need to run through a formatter and get out:

$00,000.00

I have the cents, and the $ sign, but is there an easy way to get
commas from sprint which is generating my decimal places? Or do I need
to use something more like the Format.pm? I looked in cookbook, and it
does commas based on straight numbers, not with decimals. Anyone have
an elegant solution, since the ones I googled were not.

Thanks-

David

David H. Bluestein II
President & Lead Developer         dbii at interaction.net
ii, inc.
http://www.interaction.net
     -- Specializing in Interactive, Database Driven Websites --